We love sharing the accomplishments of our Dragon Boat Charleston athletes! Check back regularly for the latest updates.
90% of all Dragon Boat Charleston Revenue is used for cancer survivor programs!
- DBC provides on-the-water dragon boat practices for cancer survivors and their community all year long, FREE OF CHARGE!
- ·Held a 6-day coaching clinic with Great White North.
- Held the 5th Annual Carolina Celebration Cup Festival including eight cancer survivor teams from the Carolinas. Provided a full day of racing and celebration for survivors and their families at no cost to participants. Hosted the participation of Courageous Kidz, an organization for children with cancer.
- Offered free yoga, water aerobics, barre, nutrition,circuit training, and other fitness programs year-round, free of charge.
- Sent a total of 10 teams to compete in Orlando,Colorado, Beaufort, Weirsdale, Beaufort and Lake Lure.
- Held one session of a new 8-week Outreach Initiative for cancer survivors. The team of 22 new cancer survivors paddle together weekly for 8-weeks and then compete as a team in the Dragon Boat Charleston Festival in May.
- Provided several support and social programs for cancer survivors, including a season kick off, monthly Peace Paddles, Sunrise Paddles, bimonthly gazebo brunches and team dinners
- Partnered with Roper St. Francis on the 3rd Annual Prevention-Palooza, a free community event promoting wellness and cancer prevention through fitness and nutrition, with over 114 participant.
- Completed production of a video promoting fitness for cancer recovery. The video has been widely distributed to patients and medical professionals nationwide.
- In partnership with Berkeley Cty. Schools, DBC took the 2016 Turnaround Award winners for an outing on the dragon boats.
- Fleet maintenance of 7 dragon boats and 2 safety boats.
2016 Annual Report
Click here to view Dragon Boat Charleston's 2016 Annual Report (PDF)!
2014 Annual Report
Click here to view Dragon Boat Charleston's 2014 Annual Report (PDF)!