We love sharing the accomplishments of our Dragon Boat Charleston athletes! Check back regularly for the latest updates.
90% of all Dragon Boat Charleston Revenue is used for cancer survivor programs!
- DBC provides on-the-water dragon boat practices for cancer survivors and their community all year long, FREE OF CHARGE!
- ·Held a 6-day Spring Camp with coaches from Paddlecore, a Canadian-based company, with over 45 participants.
- Held the 5th Annual Carolina Celebration Cup Festival including eight cancer survivor teams from the Carolinas. Provided afull day of racing and celebration for survivors and their families at no cost to participants. Hosted the participation of Courageous Kidz, an organization for children with cancer.
- Offered free yoga, water aerobics, barre, nutrition,circuit training, and other fitness programs year-round, free of charge.
- Sent a total of 10 teams to compete in Orlando,Colorado, Beaufort, Weirsdale, Beaufort and Lake Lure.
- Held one session of a new 8-week Outreach Initiative for cancer survivors. The team of 22 new cancer survivors paddle together weekly for 8-weeks and then compete as a team in the Dragon Boat Charleston Festival in May.
- Provided several support and social programs forcancer survivors, including a season kick off, monthly Peace Paddles, Sunrise Paddles, bimonthly gazebo brunches and team dinners
- Partnered with Roper St. Francis on the 3rd Annual Prevention-Palooza, a free community event promoting wellness and cancer prevention through fitness and nutrition, with over 114 participant.
- Began Production of a video promoting fitness for cancer recovery. The video will be widely distributed to patients and medical professionals nationwide.
- Filled Survivor Sacks for 75 individuals undergoing chemotherapy at Hollings.
- In partnership with Berkeley Cty. Schools, DBC took the 2016 Turnaround Award winners for an outing on the dragon boats.
- Fleet maintenance of 7 dragon boats and 2 safety boats.
2016 Annual Report
Click here to view Dragon Boat Charleston's 2016 Annual Report (PDF)!
2014 Annual Report
Click here to view Dragon Boat Charleston's 2014 Annual Report (PDF)!