All the Information You Need for Puerto Rico!
- Dates for Puerto Rico: March 17th, 18th, & 19th
- Hotel Check-in/Check-Out Dates: March 15th-20th
- Please do your best to arrive on or by March 15th. There will be race team practices on Thursday, March 16th (exact times still TBD).
- Sending 1 BCS team, 1 Women’s team, & 1 Open (Men’s) Team
- DBC recommends flying into Ponce. For those flying into San Juan Airport, there are no DBC-organized transportation arrangements from San Juan to hotel.
- Everyone must bring their own PFD and paddle to Puerto Rico—Our team captains will help organize checking our paddle bag with your equipment when the times comes.
- There will be food vendors on site at the races each day so be prepared to buy lunch there. It’s also likely that team captains can also help make a run to a “big box store” out there and pick up some snacks/granola bars, etc.
1. E-mail Monica by Nov. 11th if you are bringing a “Supporter” (friend, spouse, non-paddler) and would like that person to have access to Athlete’s Village and transportation from hotel to race venue each day. Total cost for Supporters: $105.00.
DBC is committing $400/survivor for this particular trip. DBC is paying for your PACC and PADBF fees and full transportation to and from venue (Wednesday-Sunday) which amounts to $120. DBC will provide you a travel voucher (i.e. check) for $310 (*DBC is now paying for half of your individual race fees--$30).
If you’re bringing a “supporter,” then the amount would be $205. **See Appendix B (very last page) of Bulletin 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxs2YoGNQvukRGZRR2o1WS1lYkU/view
a. Non-Survivor Paddling Fees are $90 ( half of PACC, PADBF, & transportation costs).
b. Non-Survivors bringing a “supporter” owe $195 ($90 + $105).
b. Checks must be mailed to DBC by Dec. 1st!! Checks written out to DBC to address below. Memo line: Puerto Rico
Dragon Boat Charleston
1643 Savannah Hwy. #261
Charleston, SC 29407
4. BOOK YOUR FLIGHT by Dec. 1st!
E-mail Monica with a copy of your flight receipt/itinerary. We are building the rosters of each team based on who has financially committed to their flights and/or fees.
5. If you haven’t already, book your hotel reservation NO LATER than Feb. 1st!! *See attached document with specific hotel details.
6. Stay tuned for exact practice and training info. Coaches Noreen, Laurie, & Hale are working hard to put together a training schedule for each of their teams.
/dnn/Portals/0/Zika in Puerto Rico (1).docx